Support Engineer required by trader/broker within the Energy sector based by Victoria Station, London SW1 paying up to 60k, You will be part of a team of 5 and be ideally familiar with Market Data such as Joule Trading Platforms, Reuters Eikon, Bloomberg, CME, and ICE and have experience supporting end-users within a trading environment. The Support Engineer will provide hands-on support to ensure the effective running of the systems and services. The business has continued to expand despite the current market and is looking to expand its IT Team to sustain the quality of support they currently offer their end-users.
The Support Engineer will be a team-player and thrive in an environment where they are able to be hands-on and get involved in all aspects of IT support. From on-prem to cloud migrations, MDM (Android and Apple), and patching workstations to working the requests on the helpdesk, no two days are the same allowing you to expand your knowledge in new areas and perfect your prior expertise. This is a fast-paced and demanding environment, so exceptional communication skills and the ability to stay calm and clear when dealing with end-user issues are integral to success within this role.
Advanced knowledge of AWS migration and support would be extremely beneficial, as well as extensive experience supporting all aspects of Office 365 including Teams and SharePoint.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting end-users within a trading environment
- Adept at supporting a Windows infrastructure, including Azure AD, Office 365 (Teams, SharePoint) at an advanced level
- Excellent knowledge and experience of migrations involving AWS and Office 365 (migrating data to SharePoint)
- Experienced in the supporting of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN remote access, and the use of Powershell
- Familiar with Market Data such as Joule Trading Platforms, Reuters Eikon, Bloomberg, CME, and ICE
- Adept in the support of IP phone systems (Polycom and Teams voice calling)
- Beneficial skills include working knowledge of Group Policy, SaaS (Mimecast/Azure), the support of Jira and Confluence
This is a great opportunity for an IT professional who thrives in getting involved in every aspect of IT support. In return, you will be given the opportunity to work with multiple technologies on an array of projects within a friendly and tight-knit team.