Senior Test Engineer, offering up to £40k, required by an expanding software testing solutions organisation based in mid-Lancashire. This company offers its staff a chance to be an integral part of the testing industry within an environment that holds its core values at the centre of everything they do. The Senior Test Engineer will sit as part of the delivery team and oversee the full lifecycle of automated testing projects.
Day to day, the Senior Test Engineer will get involved in pre-sales activity and gain a full understanding of issues being presented by the client and provide them with presentations of a variety of solutions. This will include designing test cases and formulating test scenarios, producing automated testing scripts, developing tools to help with manual and exploratory testing and liaise with clients on the creation of test documents. The Senior Test Engineer will excel at collaboration and deliver clear and concise communication to both clients and colleagues.
This is a company where they are looking for team members who are truly passionate about what they do and have the drive to deliver every time to a high standard. They are also looking for applicants who are looking to join the team and hold a long-standing position, rising through the ranks.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Highly experienced in using and implementing automated based solutions with the use of test management tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps and/or TestRail
- Ability to work to an Agile/Waterfall hybrid methodology and a CI/CD environment
- Exceptional programming skills within Java/C#
- Ability to code at an advanced level to support the creation and maintenance of BDD automation frameworks.
- Previous experience of building complex automated regression packs concerning both API and GUI
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of test automation tools and the ability to guide clients through tool choice
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who has gained significant experience within the automation area to join a team where they will be allowed to work innovatively and show off the full breadth of their skill set.