Senior IT Technician required by a rapidly expanding organisation operating in the education and childcare sectors. Our client holds aggressive expansion plan’s for the future with the implementation of further private schools and children’s homes for children with SEN requirements. This is a truly rewarding role where your support could, and probably will, make a young person’s day. The Senior IT Technician will be experienced with working within a highly regulated, preferably educational background and be adept in server management (Windows/VMWare), supporting office 365, Exchange, Active Directory and hardware maintenance and upgrades.
Reporting into the IT Support Manager, day to day, The Senior IT Technician will be responsible for all in-house systems, infrastructure, switches, routers, desktops, and peripherals as well as supporting the datacentre and its connectivity. They will take an active role in the maintenance and upgrades of all hardware and be able to accurately troubleshoot. They will be in consistent communication with the rest of the team in multiple sites and they will occasion travel to multiple sites across the UK to support any implementation work that may be going on within the organisation.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Technician to enter a rewarding and integral role at a time when the business is growing rapidly.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably, though not essentially, from within the education sector.
- Knowledgeable in the support of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365
- Adept in server management both physical (Windows) and virtual (VMWare)
- Experience with datacentre operations, MPLS networks and IIS or SQL
- Able to support multiple business application both in-house and external, both to onsite and remote users.
- Experienced in monitoring backups, updates, anti-virus and restoring files.
- Adept in following procedures and displaying confidentiality
This role will require successful applicants to undergo a full enhanced DBS check. There will be travel to other sites, so applicants must hold a full clean driving license, travelling expenses will be reimbursed or a car pool will be supplied.
Love IT but also want to make a real difference to children’s daily lives? Apply now.