Senior Infrastructure Engineer offering a salary of up to £42k required by a prestigious educational establishment based in Cambridge. Renowned and respected globally, a sizable team of 9 has a real community spirit. Supporting around 1400 end users, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be an integral component, constantly pushing technology forward to provide the most efficient and streamlined service to staff and students alike.
Day to day, reporting to the Head of IT and alongside another Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll work in an SQL environment, responsible for the security and function of the entire IT infrastructure including daily maintenance, planning and implementing of installation work, hardware setups, maintenance and upgrades and support to virtualised computing environments.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will also contribute towards an array of IT Infrastructure projects involving changes to network, storage, servers and security. This will require liaising with people at all levels including stakeholders, 3rd party suppliers and internal members of staff, so exceptional communication skills will be essential.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of supporting the infrastructure of a large user base
- Skilled in supporting physical servers, switches, routers, firewalls, storage networks and physical cabling and VoIP telephone systems
- Knowledgeable in supporting Linux server platforms
- Experienced with managing Aruba and ClearPass would be extremely beneficial in this role, also knowledge of Veeam and VMware
- Skilled in supporting MS Azure
- Ability to provide networking protocols and services flawlessly including support of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Certifications in Aruba Networking, Cisco and Microsoft Infrastructure/Cloud
This is a great opportunity for an IT professional looking to become part of an institution that truly makes a difference and work within a unit that thrives on team mentality. Not only will the successful candidate gain a welcoming work environment, but the role is also accompanied by a healthy benefits package.
Sound interesting? Apply now to avoid disappointment.