IT Support Engineer required by a reputable and ever-expanding organisation within the debt recovery sector, offering up to £26k. Due to an expanding client portfolio, the establishment is looking to add another IT Support Engineer to their innovative IT Team. Working within a team of 11 and reporting to the IT Services Manager, the IT Support Engineer will support the service desk by resolving 1st and 2nd line issues, escalating to a 3rd Line Engineer when necessary.
The IT Support Engineer will be monitoring calls and tickets coming into the service desk surrounding issues concerning password resets, new starter setups and system monitoring and also operate, monitor and maintain the company’s IT and telecommunications infrastructure including security configuration and capacity management. They will also deal with the issuing of staff IT hardware and its maintenance. They will also be responsible for mobile device management and ensuring that all information is successfully linked back to the bespoke CRM system. A solid knowledge of supporting Linux servers, AWS and working within an ISO regulated environment would be extremely beneficial for ongoing support and with supporting future implementation projects.
This is an opportunity within a company that is forward-thinking in giving the IT department the reigns in driving the business forward. There will be endless projects to get involved in such as phone system upgrades, on-prem to cloud migrations and procurement.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in providing 1st and 2nd line support to Office, Outlook and Chrome users within a primarily Windows environment (also including Mac and Linux)
- Knowledgeable in standards compliance, data protection and organisation security concerns (this is an ISO regulated environment)
- Adept in supporting networking principles (TCP/IP) and exceptional SQL writing skills with data extraction and report writing experience
- Experienced in IT Security tools, networking protocols, software and hardware devices, firewall and VPN configuration, access control, encryption, backups security threats and defences
- A passion for software development would complement this position well
This opportunity will allow you to be part of a team where you can really get involved in every aspect of IT support and let your individual skillset flourish. Progression is something that is readily available for those IT professionals that are looking to move forward in their career, and individuals who consider themselves specialists in certain areas are also highly regarded.