IT Engineer required by a reputable and ever-expanding organisation within the debt recovery sector, paying up to £30k. Due to an expanding client portfolio, the establishment is looking to add another IT Engineer to their innovative IT Team. Working within a team of 11 and reporting to the IT Services Manager, the IT Engineer will play a major part in dealing with day to day 3rd line support issues and be integral in the completion of upcoming IT projects.
Day to day, the IT Engineer will be responsible for the hands on and remote technical support of 3rd line related issues escalated to them by the Service Desk Team and driving forward the progression of IT based projects within the organisation. Previous projects that have gone ahead have surrounded installing new phone systems, office moves and moving all onsite servers to a cloud base. Due to Covid-19, the company has 6 months of backlog of projects that they are eager to get started on and are looking for motivated and proactive IT professionals to add their knowledge and skills to this cause. The IT Engineer will be adept in supporting Windows environments and Linux based servers. They will be knowledgeable in AWS, SQL and query writing, Firewalls (Sonicwall) and the in-depth support of Office 365.
This is an opportunity within a company that is forward-thinking in giving the IT department the reigns in driving the business forward. IT professionals who are innovative and curious about how they can improve the business and keep it modern in terms of the technologies being used will thrive in this environment.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in providing 3rd line support to LAN and WAN configuration, configuration and management of virtual servers, firewalls
- Able to effectively deal with incident response, asset management, supplier liaison and procurement and the implementation of change requests and new projects
- Knowledgeable in standards compliance, data protection and organisation security concerns (this is an ISO regulated environment)
- Adept in supporting networking principles (TCP/IP) and exceptional SQL writing skills with data extraction and report writing experience
- Experienced in IT Security tools, networking protocols, software and hardware devices, firewall and VPN configuration, access control, encryption, backups security threats and defenses
- A passion for software development will complement this position well
This opportunity will allow you to be part of a team where you can really get involved in every aspect of IT support and let your individual skillset flourish. Progression is something that is readily available for those IT professionals that are looking to move forward in their career.