Experienced Infrastructure Engineer required by a leading construction firm based near Romford, Essex/London borders paying up to 57K + Benefits, reporting to their ICT Infrastructure Team Leader. A great opportunity to join a family-run environment with lots of learning and a positive working atmosphere.
This role is primarily responsible for the operation and administration of the company’s IT infrastructure including internal networks, servers, email, Cloud services, VMware and network security systems.
You will provide 3rd line technical support for the company’s servers, Email, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and network security systems, including the management of hubs, switches, routers and firewalls.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Administration and maintenance of company’s internal and cloud cased systems.
* Perform routine backups of company’s internal and cloud-based systems and archival of files stored on the network to assist with disaster recovery.
* Configuration and set-up of all new server systems required for the company to carry out its activities.
* Administration of firewall and overall responsibility for company IT security.
* Administration of email servers for company-wide email.
* Maintain server operating systems and security software utilised on the network, including the addition of new user accounts and establishment of rights and privileges.
* Install, configure and support Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Internet systems.
* Maintain network and server hardware and software.
* Assist ICT support staff in the resolution of complex issues.
* Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
* Monitor network and all IT system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
* Plan, co-ordinate, and implement network security measures.
Skills & Attributes Required:
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Good knowledge of IP addressing and TCP/IP networking
* Strong working knowledge of VMware
* Strong knowledge of network management practices and procedures
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based server and workstation operating systems.
* Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
* Hands on knowledge of procedures used for the installation, modification, maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
* Experience of using call logging software.
What you need:
* Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
* Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, etc).
* Experience using and configuring Cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
Continuous Training and Development
* The Company will support and encourage continuous professional development; your Manager in conjunction with the Training Manager will identify and update your personal development plan on an ongoing basis. You are encouraged to take responsibility for your own development.
* The Training Manager will be notified by your Line Manager of any training needs required for you to perform your job on an ongoing basis.
* Further education may be agreed by the company to enhance your knowledge and qualifications to assist job performance. Your agreement to the company training policy will be obtained prior to commencement.
Grab this opportunity to join this successful company- APPLY NOW!