Infrastructure Engineer (UNIX/Oracle) required by an IT solutions organisation working with clients mainly within the Energy sectors, making them unusually resilient to today’s economic challenges. In fact, this company is growing at a fast rate and going through a period of success, supplying specialist solutions to reputable brands within the industry. The Infrastructure Engineer will be part of a team of 4 and will play an integral role in maintaining the infrastructure platform, including 500 servers (on-prem and virtual) and ensuring network connectivity across 2 company sites within Azure. The Infrastructure Engineer will be adept in the management of UNIX and Oracle systems, IIS, SQL and Windows servers, Active Directory, virtualisation, networking, and hardware maintenance.
Day to day, the Infrastructure Engineer will tend to the maintenance of the Oracle and UNIX systems and work on the administration of Windows servers, administer domains via Active Directory as well as the virtual environment. The Infrastructure Engineer will be first port of call to assist with troubleshooting the high-risk data centre environment and deal with hardware and software issues surrounding RAID.
This is a hands-on role within a fast paced and highly regulated environment working within ISO standards. This role will suit an IT professional who is passionate about furthering their skills and knowledge within a range of IT support
Essential skills and experience:
- Exceptional skill set with regard to UNIX and Oracle
- Experienced in the support of SQL servers (versions 2019 to 2014) and their installation, configuration and administration
- Adept in managing a Windows server environment including managing roles and features
- Thorough experience with Active Directory, with the management of Group Policy and knowledgeable in Powershell automation
- Exceptional skills supporting VMWare and networking skills within VLAN, subnet, STP, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
In return for your expertise and knowledge within the infrastructure area, you will benefit from an excellent starting salary, an environment where professional development is valued, an attractive benefits package, welcoming team-orientated atmosphere and a chance to work with some of the most recognisable brands within the energy sector.
Sound good? This position will not be available for long – apply without delay.