Head of UK Finance required by a renowned and treasured organisation within the publishing sector. This organisation have been award winners in their industry for the past 40 years. The Head of UK Finance will manage a team of 6 ensuring an accurate depiction of the management and statutory accounts within a timely manner. This will include monthly account management such as payroll, annual auditing, tax and treasury control and also reporting. The Head of UK Finance will take a lead role in the development of the finance team and the processes and procedures that they follow.
The Head of UK Finance will manage the processing of monthly payroll including; staff expenses, the auditing of the end of year process acting as the point of contact for the audit team; manage all tax returns and the review of the computations corporation; prepare the cashflow forecast and carry out all company secretarial duties including annual returns; companies house documentation and dealing with the statutory documents. The Head of UK Finance will also take the lead on managing the finance team, including performance reviews.
Relevant experience and skill set:
- Qualified to Big 4 standard with 2 years PQE or a qualified management accountant with around 6 years experience within the publishing or media sectors.
- Previously experienced in managing a team.
- Adept in the use of Accounting systems and BI software such as Cognos, BW or Business Objects
- Ability to use Excel to an advanced level
- Previous experience working within an SME sized business with an ambitious and driven attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
A great opportunity for an experience financial professional to bring the skills they have gained into a company that is much-loved and make a positive impact.