Field IT Engineer required by a rapidly growing organisation with aggressive expansion plans for the future, with the construction of further private schools and children’s homes for children with SEN requirements, across the South of England.
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, day to day, the Field IT Engineer will be responsible for all in-house systems, infrastructure, switches, routers, desktops, and peripherals as well as supporting the datacentre and its connectivity. You will take an active role in the maintenance and upgrades of all hardware and be able to accurately troubleshoot. Working in a well-organised team across multiple sites, you will occasionally travel to support where needed. (fully expensed)
The Field IT Engineer will be experienced with be adept in server management (Windows/VMWare), supporting office 365, Exchange, Active Directory and hardware maintenance and upgrades. They will be supporting sites based in Oxford, Windsor and Rugby areas.
Relevant skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably, though not essentially, from within the education sector.
- Knowledgeable in the support of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365
- Server management both physical (Windows) and virtual (VMWare)
- Experience with datacentre operations, MPLS networks and IIS or SQL
- Able to support multiple business application both in-house and external, both to onsite and remote users.
- Experienced in monitoring backups, updates, anti-virus and restoring files.
- Adept in following procedures and displaying confidentiality
Being Education, successful applicants for the Field IT Engineer role will undergo a full enhanced DBS check. There will be travel to other sites, so applicants must hold a full clean driving license, travelling expenses will be reimbursed or a car will be provided.
Love IT but also want to make a real difference to children’s daily lives? Apply now.