A Deputy IT Manager is required to work in the Education sector, based in the Caversham area of Reading.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Deputy IT Manager will have the following key responsibilities:
– Ensuring regular updates & patching are made for all hardware/software security.
– Providing 3rd line support for more complex issues.
– Being a point of contact for 1st/2nd line technicians and providing support if necessary.
– Delegate tasks and key responsibilities to other members of IT staff.
– Prioritise tickets/responses to be in line with Company’s SLA’s.
– Being a point of contact to external providers (Telephony, Broadband, Print, Support services etc…)
– Keep up to date with current Safeguarding regulations and new apps that are being introduced.
– Work closely with Heads of Departments to implement new systems/software to enhance learning.
– Maintain and manage hardware and ensure they always fall into safety guidelines.
– Conduct training to both technical and non-technical staff.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
– Relevant IT Qualification (degree)
– Experience working within the Education sector
– Be able to configure Hardware & Software
– Microsoft Office 365 & SharePoint
– System Centre
– Windows Server 2012
– Leading projects
– Networking concepts (VPN, LAN, WAN, WLAN)
– Troubleshooting Hardware (Servers, Routers, Switches, Hubs etc…)
– Powershell Scripting
– Active Directory
Desirable skills/experience required:
– MCSE/ITIL/CCNA qualifications
– MDM (iOS/Android)
All candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS background check prior to starting the role.
Interviews to take place as soon as possible. If you think you’re up for the challenge, please apply now!