Application Support Engineer required by a rapidly expanding E-commerce and mail solutions organisation within the distribution industry. As one of the world’s leading companies in their sector, they employ over 500 staff globally and have several sites in the UK. The Application Support Engineer will manage and support the IT Applications hosted both internally and externally. The Application Support Engineer will be experienced in the support of applications within the Microsoft Stack, such as Teams and SharePoint and, ideally, will have previously worked within an E-Commerce or distribution environment.
Day to day, the Application Support Engineer will be the first point of contact for all issues raised relating to technical and operational software issues, troubleshooting, and coming to a solution quickly and efficiently. They will perform hands-on fixes, including the installation and upgrading of software, file implementation and backups, and the configuration of applications and systems. They will be responsible for the administration and deployment of the organisation’s software and have an analytical approach when looking into which applications are performing well, and where cost-effective changes could be made.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Adept in supporting all MS Office Applications, XML message-based systems, OpenSource products and MS operating systems
- Previous experience working with parcel carrier systems would be extremely beneficial
- Good understanding of security issues that come hand in hand with application support
- Proven experience with recording and resolving application support issues from consumers with excellent skills around task prioritisation and implementing timely solutions within both web and database environments
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work on multiple issues at one time to a high standard within a fast-paced environment
This is a great opportunity for an Application Support professional with strong MS experience join a rapidly expanding business. They will be rewarded with fantastic progression opportunities, an attractive benefits package, and an environment where they truly feel valued. Apply now.