2nd Line Support Engineer required for a large public sector client in Canary Wharf. Joining a progressive, fast-paced technology team, you will be tasked with supporting end users with an array of infrastructure requirements from logging tickets to configuring hardware and software.
The 2nd Line Engineer will join the support division as Contractor, inside IR35, managed by the infrastructure lead. They will be offering support to the organisation for a period of approximately 6 months with a view to extend or transfer permanently is appropriate.
Responsibilities will include:
- 1st and 2nd line ticket logging
- Checking applications and servers
- Set up and configuration of laptops and equipment
- Conduct regular checks on software and hardware updates
- Ensure all faults are logged and escalated correctly and efficiently
- Setting up audiovisual and conference rooms
- Completion of inventory documentation for kit kept on site
- Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure stock levels maintained accurately
The 2nd Line Engineer will have a solid foundation of working within a fast-paced, reactive office environment, comfortable with Windows 10, Office 365 and Active Directory. They will have strong communication skills, be confident in interacting with end-users of all levels while offering a 1st class service at all times. The Engineer will be able to prioritise workloads and quickly identify issues ready for escalation and resolve.
This opportunity is available for an immediate start following interviews week commencing 24th February. This contract opportunity falls within IR35.