2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer required by a Managed Service Provider based in the London Colney area of St Albans on a full time, permanent basis. The 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer candidate will become a vital part of a support team of 8 supporting multiple users, in multiple sites across Hertfordshire and London.
Day to day, the 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer candidate will prioritise and support users via Remote Access Tools, deal with issues in line with the company’s Service Level Agreements and know when to escalate issues when required. The successful candidate will be able to recognise trends in types of issues and make recommendations for improvements to help reduce call volume. The candidate should also be flexible to deal with issues that may be outside normal working hours and in addition, be happy to travel to client sites for onsite support when required.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- General love and interest of all things IT
- Experience of working in an MSP environment
- Microsoft technologies focussing on Desktop support (Windows 10 & MS office)
- Active Directory & GP
- Windows Server Support & Administration
- Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN
- Able to support Desktops, Tablets, Smartphones etc…
- Knowledge of RAID
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Full, clean driving license & have access to a car
- Knowledge and experience of Azure
- Qualifications in Microsoft is seen as especially beneficial
- IT degree or academic qualifications are seen as beneficial
Benefits for working for this company include 20 days annual holiday, pension, travel expenses and ongoing training and support.
The salary for the role is up to £30k per annum depending on experience. Apply now!